The education committee is responsible for the administration of the bachelor and master studies at the department:
The committee deals with the following issues:
- Recommendations to the study board regarding study regulations. I.e. review, evaluation and development of the syllabus for compulsory courses and projects.
- Recommendations to the study board regarding transfer of merit and dispensation.
- Semi-annual planning of courses in collaboration with study board and study administration. I.e. course descriptions and evaluations; course schedules; finding lecturers and teaching assistants to compulsory courses.
- Guidance of students. I.e. information meetings; guidance on an individual basis; contract signing.
- Improvement of the study environment through close contact with the students and in-depth qualitative analysis in shifting focus-areas.
- Inform and discuss education and curriculum issues with the external employer panel
Standard charter for education committees at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Aarhus University (danish only)