You are here: AU About Aarhus University  cs.medarbejdere.au.dk Boards and Committees Postdoc Committee Minutes Minutes - Postdoc Committee Meeting 29.8.2018

Minutes - Postdoc Committee Meeting 29.8.2018

Meeting date: 29 August 2018

Meeting place: Nygaard 297, CS, AU

Meeting subject: Post Doc Committee meeting 

Attendees: Zahra Jafargholi, Henrik Korsgaard, Ira Assent, Gerth Brodahl, Ivan Damgård, Dorthe Nielsen (minute taker).

Apologies: Sarah-Kristin Thiel, Thomas Dinsdale-Young

1. New tenure track employees – should we assign them a faculty VIP mentor?

2. Should they be part of the post doc group/events?

3. Next work place assessment (Feb 2019) – how to raise awareness and inform about it properly?

4. Autumn/winter post Doc event – maybe in connection with the PhDs : visit to ‘PhD and Postdoc Activity Group’?

5. Anything else?

 

Ad 1) New tenure track employees – should we assign them a faculty VIP mentor?

The committee thinks it is a good idea but that this committee is not the right place to address the subject. Instead we suggest that the coming department head organizes a welcome meeting with new tenured assistant professors. It might be a good idea to have a group of people assist, maybe someone from the department of management and a local CS faculty member.  

Ad 2) Should they be part of the post doc group/events?

Consensus to add them to postdoc mailing list to ensure. It will be up to the CS management if there should be a new committee formed for tenure track employees.

They can give advice for the post doc group by i.e. giving a talk on how to land a tenured position. Dorthe will ask Jo to give a talk late November/early December 2018) with advice and knowledge from his transition from postdoc to getting a tenure track position at CS, AU. All new tenures people will be invited.

Ad 3) Next work place assessment (Feb 2019) – how to raise awareness and inform about it properly?

Spend 10 minutes to inform about the coming work place assessment (WPA) and Staff Development Dialogues (SDD) on a postdoc lunch meeting (same day as Jo will give a talk).

Point out the time frame and purpose of WPA and SDD, and how the follow up work with the results will be used at the department. Ask for volunteers to be part of the follow up work from WPA.

Henrik and Zahra from the postdoc committee volunteered to join the follow up group.

Ad 4) Autumn/winter post Doc event – maybe in connection with the PhDs: visit to ‘PhD and Postdoc Activity Group’

Sarah will get back with info on event at the group early September, and Dorthe will follow up with the postdoc group about a visit maybe in October for a Halloween event (the event calendar is empty at the moment).

Ad 5) Anything else?                           

Henrik asked for guidelines for network infrastructure: what can and can’t be used?

Dorthe will email AUIT and ask about AU IT guys who knows about locally hosted ShareLaTex, and also ask if they recommend sciencedata.dk

Sarah had asked for input for the Activity group, but nothing came up.

                            

6937 / i36