Meeting in the PostDoc committee, 12 November 2013

Participants: Jan Midtgaard, Clemens Klokmose, Robert Brewer, Claudio Orlandi, Ira Assent, Gerth Stølting Brodal, Thomas Sangild, Ivan Damgaard, Ann Eg Moelhave 

Minutes: Ann Eg Mølhave

 

Agenda

  1. Start-up meetings (Forventningsafstemningsmøder)
  2. Follow up on the evaluation of the psychological workplace environment
  3. Charter (we already have a webpage for the committee http://cs.staff.au.dk/boards-and-committees/post-doc-committee/ )
  4. Invitation and topics for lunch meetings, postdoc retreat, future postdoc committee meetings

 

Ad1 - Start-up meetings (Forventningsafstemningsmøder)

Draft was discussed. Ira will make some adjustments, but general satisfaction.

 

Ad2 - Follow up on the evaluation of the psychological workplace environment

The answers from the evaluation show a high level of stress among PostDocs. The APV-workgroup tries to focus on the roots of the problems.

Actions:

  • start-up meetings
  • to take up at future meetings
    • ways to recognize PostDoc’s work
    • How to address loneliness
    • Establishment of events on Science and Technology level of common interest of PostDocs at ST-Departments
    • Establishing of mentor service for new PostDocs – PhD and erasmus-students use mentors, so we can copy from their procedure
    • PhD retreat

 

 

Ad3 - Charter (we already have a webpage for the committee http://cs.staff.au.dk/boards-and-committees/post-doc-committee/ )

 

We should consider if the committee also covers interests of temporary employed  assistant professors. – Talking in favour is that they don’t attend FastVIP lunches and they need to feel that they belong somewhere.

Kaj has been asked to attend the committee, and Ira will contact Christian Storm to discuss if Birc should also be represented.

Names were discussed: PoAP  (PostDoc/Assistant Professor) was chosen for now

 

Ad4 - Invitation and topics for lunch meetings, postdoc retreat, future postdoc committee meetings

Should the committee be invited? They will be invited for the next meeting on November 29, but it should be discussed among the PostDocs.

  • Theme for next meeting:
    • Sum up - evaluation of the psychological workplace environment
    • Start-up meetings
    • Ideas for upcoming lunches
  • Suggestions for upcoming meetings:
    • TRAM13 (Annemette Hammer explains the structure of the Administration, and where and how to get help)
    • Ideas from postdoc lunch
5334 / i36